Helping Empower Girls
We're on a mission to empower girls.
Some young girls out there need our help. Actually, a lot of them.
DID YOU KNOW THAT MILLIONS OF GIRLS IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES ARE DENIED THEIR BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS, JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE GIRLS?
Girls in the poorest areas in the world are among the most disadvantaged people on this planet.
THE GIRL ISSUE:
- More than 62 million girls around the world are denied access to education
- Girls are 2x as likely to be malnourished than boys and live in poverty
- 15 million girls are married before their 18th birthday. Every 2 seconds, a girl is forced into child marriage
DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT WHEN YOU INVEST IN EMPOWERING GIRLS, THE WHOLE WORLD BENEFITS?
THE POWER OF GIRLS:
- Girls with secondary school education are 6x less likely to marry as children
- On average, a girl with 7 years of education will marry 4 years later and have fewer, healthier children
- For every extra year a girl stays in school, her income can increase by 10 to 20%
Investing in girls is key to eliminating poverty and creating a safer, brighter future for everyone. When girls grow up in a safe and healthy environment, are given access to education, and basic rights, they pull themselves, their families and the community out of poverty.
We’re donating 10% of all sales from our Charm Collection to support Plan International’s Because I am a Girl movement.
The Charm Collection is designed with purpose, and created to inspire the wearer every day. Create a charm necklace that tells your story and help spread the word about the cause between April 1 - June 30, 2018.
When you purchase from our collection you help:
- Keep girls from dropping out of school and being forced to be child brides
- Provide equal access to education through gender-sensitive learning environments for girls
- Teach boys and men about gender equality and encourage them to promote girls' and women's rights
- Provide girls with a learning environment that’s free of violence, abuse and bullying
- Support school feeding programs that keep girls’ full, their brains active and encourages parents to send their daughters to school
- Give girls an opportunity to vocational training programs, scholarships and to earn more income
- Educate communities on gender roles and stereotypes to raise awareness about the importance of girls’ rights and equality
- Ensure children are registered at birth so they can prove their legal age or claim protection under any laws specifying a minimum age for marriage
- Support children’s groups that raise awareness about children's rights and work with other child support groups
- Provide girls, boys, men and women with the tools, resources and support to break the cycle of violence
In our everyday lives, we continue to see women coming together to build stronger communities to support and recognize each other's achievements. We hope that together, we can be a part of the solution that helps girls and women in developing countries live in a safe, healthy and educated environment so they too have a chance to be celebrated and honored.
Girls’ rights are human rights. Be part of the movement to make a real difference in the lives of girls around the world.